The ATO has announced that it will acquire data from businesses that it visits as part of its employer obligations compliance program during the 2016-17, 2017-18 and 2018-19 financial years.
Data collected is as follows :
- ABN of the payer business
- ABN of the payee business (or contractor)
- the name, address and contact details of the contractor
- dates of payment to the contractor, and
- amounts paid to the contractors (including details of whether the payment included GST).
These records will be electronically matched with other data holdings to identify con-compliance regarding registration, lodging records, reporting and payment obligations and so on under taxation laws.
The ATO says it is estimated that records for 25,000 entities will be obtained, including the records of 12,500 individuals.